CHAIRMAN OF INVOTECH
Prof. Li is currently the Vice Chairman of the Business and Professional Federation, the Chairman of Invotech, and a former member of the Central Policy Unit of the HKSAR Government. He is an advisory board member of Washington University in St. Louis, at the Center for Family Business at the Chinese University, and several family offices.
Prof. Li graduated from Washington University in St. Louis (Liberal Arts), University of Hawaii in Asian Economics (MA), UCLA (MBA), and Warwick in Coventry (Engineering Doctorate).
Over the years Prof. Li has been associated at with the East West Center in Hawaii, the Aon Corporation, American Express TRS, Citibank, the think tank at the University of Hong Kong, VTC, and PWC. And as a professional management and governance econsultant he has advised and worked with a range of innovative companies from the Hong Kong Police to Lee Kum Kee to IBM to the World Bank. Over the course of 30 years he has worked on over a thousand projects, founded 9 companies, transformed many start-ups and mature companies through revitalization and restructuring, and closed a few.
Professor Gregg Li – “Innovation Angel”
An innovation angel is a business angel who contributes to the innovation ecosystem by helping new founders and their nascent board of directors strengthens their innovation culture and practices so that their companies can move from one generation to the next.
Prof. Li currently spends his time mostly in five areas:
- Teaching MBAs and EMBAs, at one of the following universities on innovation, corporate governance, management consulting, or change management:
- University of Michigan at Ann Arbor in Family Business Governance
- University of Hawaii at Manoa, as their Global Business Scholar in MBAs
- University of Polytechnics in Hong Kong, in their Executive Masters
- Baptist University, in PhD programs
- Chinese University of Hong Kong, in Innovation for MBAs
- HKUST, in EMBAs
- Advising Asian families and governments on transition and revitalization.
- Investing in scalable and disruptive companies in education, financial services, and business analytics.
- Mentoring a few entrepreneurs, management consultants, and high flyers.
- Creating new risk and innovation methodologies.