The e-Learning Project Grand Prize winners of 2017 together with their teacher finished their field trip in Hamburg which took place between 17/12/2016 and 22/12/2016.
The winner from Group 22 include three Hong Kong students, Wing Ying Lo, Wing Lam Li, Jessie and Hoi Ching Wan, Frances, from S.K.H. Lam Woo Memorial Secondary School, and two students, Leon Ahmadimogaddam and Ashkan Naebian, from Gymnasium Oberalster of Hamburg, Germany. Shortly before Christmas, the 3 HK winners together with their teacher flied over to Hamburg to start their one-week exchange trip as an award of their Grand Prize.
During the trip, they attended plenty of guided visits to green facilities, organizations and projects including:
- Gut Wulksfelde (ecological farm) to learn about sustainable farming
- Greenpeace headquarters in the Hafencity (introduction and visit of their exhibition)
- Ministry for Urban Development and Environment in Wilhelmsburg (introduction to the buildung and sustainable policies in Hamburg, chance to talk with experts)
- Unilever building at the harbour front (innovative and futuristic architecture combining design and sustainability “Workplace of the Future”); as well as
- „Hafencity“, with the project explained and experienced with private guide
- Sustainable coffeeshop at Elbfaire
As the Best Sustainability Ambassadors of our project, they stayed in Gymnasium Oberalster as an exchange student to share ideas and practices on green living with the local students. The group has also spent one day in Lüneburg with a visit to the University of Lüneburg campus where they gave a presentation on their community project.
Special thanks go to the supervising teacher, Ms. Monika Scheurmann as well as the German groupmates who has warmly welcomed their HK friends and have showed them the authentic Christmas experience in continental Europe.
Want to know more about their trip? Read their trip journal here!
It was planned in May that the German winners of Group 22 will be flying to Hong Kong for the award trip. We are certainly looking forward to meeting them!
The 3rd edition of the e-Project has just kicked off a week ago with schools from 5 cities joining. Thank to the generous support of the HKETO Brussels and HKETO Berlin, the winners this year will win once again have the opportunity to visit their partner school on the other side of the globe. Stay tuned!