After the successful regional Model European conference last week, the Hong Kong edition kicked off in the evening of 22th April at HKBU, in association with European Union in Hong Kong and Macao. The HKMEU started with the welcoming speeches by the honorable guests including Prof. Adrian Bailey (Dean, Faculty of Social Science, HKBU), Mr. Vincent Piket (Head, European Union Office to Hong Kong and Macao) as well as Prof. Jean-Pierre Cabestan (Director General of the EUAP). This year there are 32 delegates representing 18 EU member states from HKBU, HKU, CUHK as well as Lingnan University. They gathered to discuss the European migrant crisis.
Five awards were given out to the participants with outstanding performance. The awardees are:
– UK (NG Hok Keung from HKU and HE Kexin from CUHK)
– Czech Republic (Cheung Hiu Man from HKBU)
– Hungary (AU Man To from HKBU)
Best Position Paper:
– Croatia (Leung Tin Yan, Grace from HKBU)
Best Individual Delegate:
– Portugal (NG Chun Sing, Iverson from HKBU)
– Germany (NG Yi Lam, Karla from HKBU and Karla and HU Jialing from HKBU)
Congratulations once again to all the winners!
More photo available here