Date(s): 14/11/2014 - 27/11/2014
Time: 5:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Admission: Free. No registration needed.
Event Partner(s): This exhibition is organized in cooperation with the Consulate General of Austria and the City University of Hong Kong.
– Prof. Arthur Ellis, Provost, City University of Hong Kong
– Dr. Claudia Reinprecht, Austrian Consul General in Hong Kong and Macao
– Prof. H. Werner Hess, Deputy Director, EUAP
The City of Vienna has realized extraordinary achievements in public housing since 2007. Multiple housing projects spread across the capital make clear just how unique they are as examples of architecture, urban habitation, neighborhood revitalization and the creation of new communities. Though based on the historic legacy of “Red Vienna” they nevertheless present new possibilities, prototypes and advances in housing all segments of the contemporary city.
The Vienna Model will highlight these extraordinary Viennese achievements for a Hong Kong audience in 2014.
This exhibition from and about Vienna illustrates important considerations for modern urban planning and housing policies:
- Prevention of social segregation and social polarization
- Creation of new urban areas
- Safeguarding free market competition among developers
- Fostering diversity and integration
- Citizens’ participation
- Environmental protection / action against climate change
- Continuity vs innovation in urban housing
- Arts in housing developments
- Use and design of public spaces
- Inner city densification & peripheral developments
THE VIENNA MODEL – HOUSING FOR THE 21ST CENTURY CITY
Date & Time: 14 – 27 November 2014, 10AM – 5PM DAILY
Venue: Blue Zone (Outside LT-9 & LT-10), 4/F, AC1, City University of Hong Kong, Kowloon Tong
Admission: Free; no registration required.
*A guided tour will be provided on 21 November 2014 (fri), 2-5 PM. Please register yourself below.
Recap of Opening Reception:
Bookings are closed for this event.